NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS!
August 2013 – Le nozze di Figaro – W.A. Mozart
EARLY-BIRD DEADLINE: Friday, December 28, 2012
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 1, 2013 *
* LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED ON AN AS NEEDED BASIS AND SHOULD NOT DETER SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION. Please email us (email@example.com) or check our participant page for current role availability.
The 2013 Vancouver Summer Opera Studio will be presenting Mozart’s Le nozze di Figaro. The 3-week summer intensive will commence on Tuesday, July 30 and end on Sunday, August 18, 2013. Classes run 6 days a week, Tuesday through Sunday, from 9am to 6pm daily at the SK Lee College in Vancouver (Kitsilano). Mondays are free days for all faculty and participants.
Under the direction of our esteemed faculty, comprised of leading industry professionals, this years’ member ensemble, will coach, prepare and perform a role in a fully staged and costumed production of Le nozze di Figaro. In addition, successful applicants will receive and benefit from:
- a minimum of four private 45 minute vocal lessons;
- participation in a minimum of two master classes;
- daily 1-hour movement sessions (Yoga, Alexander Technique, Dance);
- in-rehearsal diction coaching, music coaching, and stagecraft;
- lunch & learn seminars on the “The Business of Opera – Presenting your Professional Self”, “Auditioning in Germany”, and “Memorization Techniques”.
- individual critique and feedback on your personal promotional materials;
- one performance of assigned role in a fully staged and costumed production;
- photos and video recording from all performances;
The cost for the 3-week Intensive as a full participant is $2375.00 CDN.
We also offer cover opportunities for select principal roles at a reduced fee of $1875.00 CDN.
Upon acceptance you will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit of $875.00 CDN to secure your position in the program. The balance remaining will be due 60 days prior to the first day of instruction.
Payments can be made via INTERAC, certified cheque, bank draft or PayPal.
Want to reduce your own tuition? Check out our Referral Program!
As we are a private studio we do not have access to funding, and as such, are unable to offer scholarships. We will however support successful applicants in any way possible to assist in securing funding from other sources. A rather comprehensive list of Canadian, US and International agencies is available here. We encourage you to see if you qualify for funding from any of these sources. Fee reductions may be offered where there are fewer applicants (i.e. hard to fill roles). This is determined on an individual basis.
Tuition fees do not include accommodation, board or travel expenses. As our program is located in the core of Vancouver there is a plethora of accommodation possibilities. There are many low cost options for accommodation and we will provide as much assistance as possible in finding affordable lodgings.
Applications can be submitted online and there is a nominal $15 CDN application fee. Individuals displaying exceptional talent will be considered for immediate placement in the program and as such we do encourage you to submit your materials at any time prior to the preliminary and final deadlines.
VSOS does not discriminate based on age or nationality and, as such, all qualified applicants will be given equal consideration.
The preliminary deadline is Friday, December 28th, 2012 and the final deadline for applications is Friday, March 1, 2013.
Don’t be disappointed… submit your materials today!